The achievements of Belong and our employees have been recognised in a number of awards.
- A team of support workers from Belong Wigan named among the best in the region, with a win at the Great North West Care Awards. Providing 24-hour care to residents of Cedar Household, the team are recipients of this year's Care Team Award.
- Belong Atherton, is recognised in Wigan and Leigh Hospice’s annual Hospice in Your Care Home Awards, winning two categories including, for the fourth year running, the Family Nominated Staff Member of the Year, which once again went to lead senior support worker, Julia Cross. The village also took home a partnership plaque for its on-going engagement with Wigan and Leigh Hospice’s nursing training programme, which gives nursing home staff the practical skills and knowledge to provide sensitive and compassionate end-of-life and palliative care. Five more staff members from Belong Atherton were nominated for awards, including Olivia McCall, David Porter, Janet Tomlinson, Sam Pitchford and Sharon Parker.
- Angela Luckett of Belong Morris Feinmann in Didsbury, Manchester, is shortlisted in the prestigious ‘Great North West Care Awards’.
- Belong and award-winning designer Carolyn Hardern saw their dementia friendly show garden distinguished at Southport Flower Show as it won the Brian Aughton Memorial Trophy for ‘best use of plants in a display’ and a large gold medal for the garden overall.
- Belong at Home Warrington is included amongst the North West’s top 20 home care groups; a cause for real celebration for Belong at Home Warrington, which has achieved a score of 9.9 out of 10 from online reviews site, homecare.co.uk for the second consecutive year.
- Belong Newcastle-under-Lyme has won the award for Best Large Employer in the inaugural Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group Awards (NSCG), which applauded its engagement with the local college by providing excellent opportunities for new staff and full-time students to develop their skills, through a range of health & social care apprenticeships.
- Dedicated Belong staff have been recognised for their achievement of professional qualifications, successes in national award schemes and nominations in the organisation's fiercely contested Champion Awards. The prestigious ceremony took place at the historic Vale Royal Abbey in Northwich, Cheshire.
- Three Belong villages receive the highest possible national accreditation for end of life care provision, being awarded 'Platinum' status by the Gold Standards Framework (GSF) Centre: the UK organisation responsible for maintaining quality standards in the care sector.
- Belong Newcastle-under-Lyme won the Community Benefit Award, by the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors, or its engagement with the community and for the public access to its facilities.
- The Bistro at Belong Newcastle-under-Lyme won Café of the Year in LUX Life Restaurant & Bar Awards 2019 and its gardens are now officially award-winning after success in the Newcastle-under-Lyme in Bloom Awards 2019.
- Belong Wigan was rated in the top 20 care homes in the North West by leading online reviews site Carehome.co.uk in the same week as receiving the highest rating of 'Outstanding' by the Care Quality Commission.
- Similarly, Belong at Home Warrington made the Top 20 Most Recommended Home Care Services in the North West on homecare.co.uk and Belong at Home was listed in the Top 20 Home Care Groups nationally.
- Karan Shingler, village nurse manager at Belong Morris Feinmann, secured the ‘Palliative Care/End of Life’ at the national finals of the Great British Care Awards.
- Alison Isherwood, experience day support worker and former volunteer at Belong Atherton, won the Outstanding Care Home Staff Award from Wigan Council as part of their Age Well programme.
- Princess Court Apartments at Belong Crewe, and Maple Court Apartments at Belong Macclesfield, were awarded Gold and Bronze (respectively) by the EAC National Housing for Older People Awards 2019.
- Belong Atherton, celebrated three wins at the Hospice in Your Care Home Awards 2018, organised by Wigan and Leigh Hospice (WLH). The awards, open to care homes in Wigan and Leigh that are part of WLH’s scheme, recognise high-quality end-of-life care provided by local care workers.
- Nurse, Karan Shingler from Belong Morris Feinmann, has been crowned winner of the ‘Palliative Care/End of Life’ Great North West Care Award, earning a place in the national final.
- Belong won the Innovative Quality Outcomes category at the annual 3rd Sector Care Awards. The award, which celebrates the use of innovation to achieve life-changing results, has recognised Belong for its advanced approach to helping its customers stay active and healthy.
- Caroline Newton, Lead Senior Support Worker at Belong Atherton, won ‘Best Carer who Contributes to Activity Provision’ for encouraging customers and staff to engage more within the community at the fifth annual National Activity Provider Association (NAPA) Gala.
- John Harvey, 88, from Belong Crewe is awarded the ‘Growing Old Disgracefully’ prize at the fifth annual National Activity Providers Association (NAPA) Gala.
- Belong Warrington passed rigorous assessment of its standards of end of life care to achieve Gold Standards Framework (GSF) accreditation by the national organisation responsible for training and quality standards in the sector.
- Experience coordinator at Belong Crewe, Natalie Ravenscroft, has been recognised as one of 50 people making Britain a happier place in The Independent’s Happy List 2018.
- Tracey Stakes and Tracy Paine were featured in the 2018 Leaders in Care listings compiled by Care Home Professional, for executive management and innovation respectively.
- Tracy Paine, award-winning dementia design champion, and deputy chief executive of Belong, is honoured with the prestigious Churchill Medallion, from the Winston Churchill Memorial Trust, to mark completion of a travelling fellowship, during which she researched models of care overseas, with a view to bringing back best practices to the UK care sector.
- Belong Atherton received the Care Quality Commission’s (CQC) highest rating of ‘outstanding’ following an unannounced inspection.
- Belong at Home celebrates being rated in the top 20 home care groups in the UK by leading online reviews site Homecare.co.uk.
- Belong Warrington support worker Angela Roberts, who became an apprentice aged 55, is named this year’s top health and social care apprentice at Cheshire College South and West.
- Catherine Haycock, support manager at Belong Morris Feinmann in Didsbury, is one of only ten care industry professionals to be selected for The National Care Forum’s ‘Rising Stars’ programme.
- Belong Morris Feinmann is shortlisted as a finalist in the Local Authority Building Control (LABC) Building Excellence Awards 2018.
- Nicola Johnstone, from Belong Atherton, attended a reception at Buckingham Palace to celebrate the outstanding contributions of nurses to front line care. She was invited for her work leading a team of nurses and support workers to ensure the highest standards of end-of-life care at the village.
- Specialist Chef from Belong Macclesfield, Chloe Thorley, goes on to win the UK National Care Award for Care Home Chef at the Great British Care Awards National Finals 2018
- Care Quality Commission (CQC) judged the support provided at Belong Crewe to be ‘outstanding’, making it the first nursing home in Cheshire to receive this rating.
- Specialist chef from Belong Macclesfield, Chloe Thorley, is crowned winner of the ‘Care Home Cook’ Great North West Care Award earning a place in the national final.
- Twelve staff members from four of Belong’s six villages are shortlisted for the prestigious Great North West Care Awards.
- Belong at Home Wigan and Belong at Home Atherton are rated number 2 and 3 in Top Ten listing of North West home care providers in homecare.co.uk 2017 Awards
- Belong Macclesfield, has been rated ‘good’ by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) for its Belong at Home domiciliary care service.
- Belong Crewe became the only provider of home care services in Cheshire and one of only a handful in the UK to be rated as ‘outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) for its Belong at Home domiciliary care service.
- Belong wins Investors In People Gold Standard for its approach to looking after and investing in its people
- Belong Operations Director wins Winston Churchill Memorial Trust travel fellowship to investigate best international dementia care
- Two registered nurses from Belong Macclesfield are crowned winners at the Great North West Care Awards. Kate Jauffur won the ‘Care Trainer Award’ and John Summerton was awarded the ‘Good Nurse Award'
- Belong Atherton lead nurse, Nicola Johnstone, is crowned winner of the ‘Palliative Care Award’ at the Great North West Care Awards
- A number of staff from across the villages reach finalists stages of the Great North West Care Awards
- Belong Warrington wins ‘Activity Co-ordinator of the year’ at the prestigious National Care Awards
- Belong Atherton's Christine Baines, won the West Cheshire College Student of the Year Award in Cleaning and Support Services at the 2015 West Cheshire College Awards.
- Frontline Leaders Award - Great British Care Awards
- Best Inclusive Building - LABC Awards
- Belong celebrates being short-listed for four awards at the Great North West Care Awards 2014: resulting in two wins for Marie Calderbank from Belong Wigan, who won Care Home Activity Organiser of the Year, and Michelle Jones from Belong Warrington won the Frontline Leaders Award.
- Belong wins the Extra Care Provider category at the prestigious Laing Buisson Independent Healthcare Awards 2014; recognised for the success of our Belong apartment schemes.
- Care Employer of the Year - Great North West Care Awards
- The International Association of Homes and Services for the Ageing (IAHSA) announces Belong as the winner of the 2013 Excellence in Ageing Services award at an international conference in Shanghai.
- Belong wins the Laing and Buisson Care Home Provider Award at the
- Independent Specialist Care Awards
- Michaela Heaton, Belong at Home Co-ordinator at Belong Wigan, wins Best Home Care Co-ordinator at the Great British Care Awards
- Sam Jackson, Head Chef at Belong Crewe, wins Healthcare Award at the Cost Sector Catering Awards
- Maple Court apartments at Belong Macclesfield win bronze in the National Housing for Older People Awards 2012.
- Care Employer Award in the Great British Care Awards 2012.
- Michaela Heaton wins Home Care Coordinator of the Year at the Great North West Care Awards 2012.
- Julie Washington, general manager at Belong Atherton wins the national award of Most Outstanding Community Village Manager at the UK Over 50s Housing Awards.
- Tracy Paine, operations director recognised as Healthcare Design Champion in the Building Better Healthcare Design Awards.
- Belinda Jones of Belong Crewe recognised as Dementia Carer of the Year in the Sunday Times National Care Awards.
- Belong Wigan wins Best Elderly Care Design Award in the Design & Health International Awards.
- Sunday Times 100 Best Places to Work in the charity sector.
- Belong Macclesfield wins Bronze in Elderly Accommodation Council Awards.
- Employer of the Year in the Great North West Care Awards.