Learning and development within Belong is extensive and everyone knows the training options available to them through their role profile. This also shows the development required to progress to other roles or to other levels so that staff can plan and target their career pathways.
All new staff joining us are put through a job specific and competency based induction programme, which lasts for up to 3 months and meets national occupational standards. Induction includes on-the-job training, classroom based training, coaching and e-learning, covering subject areas including dementia, safeguarding, nutrition, customer care and infection control. New staff also get to work with an experienced mentor who provides direction, guidance and support.
Our aim is for all staff to hold an Accredited Qualification, and we are achieving this through our partnership with West Cheshire and Chester College. We also use a number of other training providers to deliver programmes for continuous professional development requirements and other organisational priorities.
A selection of the qualifications and programmes that we run include:
• Diploma Level 2 & 3 in Health & Social Care, Professional Cookery, Business Admin etc.
• Diploma Level 2 in Professional Cookery
• Diploma Level 5 in Leadership in Health & Social Care
• Certificate Level 2 in Activities, Cleaning and Building Interiors etc.
• Clinical Skills training and CPD for nurses
• Basic First Aid
• Certificates in Dementia Awareness, Diabetes, End of Life, Team Leading
• Leadership Development programmes
The above list is non-exhaustive and may change at any time.
At our Annual Award Ceremony, we celebrate the achievements of staff in completing a number of these qualifications and development programmes, whilst also recognising the importance of learning and development within Belong and the valuable role staff play in providing our top quality services.